Return to Newsletter Index
DHX - Breaking Alert
Dear Valued Customer,
We at DHX-Dependable Hawaiian Express have been advised by Matson Navigation Company (“Matson”) that the Manulani 182W will be delayed departing Long Beach to complete needed repairs. Its original day of departure was Wednesday, June 15. Its current planned departure is late Saturday PM, June 18, approximately 3.5 days behind schedule.
As a result of the delay, Matson will accommodate freight movement as follows:
- Manulani 182W bookings will now move on the Lurline 050W departing Long Beach Saturday AM, June 18, arriving Honolulu Wednesday AM, June 22. This will minimize delays for the Manulani
- Lurline 050W bookings will be split between the Lurline 050W and the Manulani 182W. This will result in delays for cargo loaded to the Manulani 182W, which will depart after the Lurline.
- Manulani 182W will omit Guam as part of its schedule recovery plan.
- Lurline 050W has added a Guam call. At this time, all Guam freight from the Manulani is planned to move on the Lurline arriving Guam, July 1.
- Manulani 182W will call Naha as scheduled. We expect little if any impact on cargo availability.
Connecting Neighbor Island barges will be adjusted accordingly.
We are estimating a 4-5 days delivery delay for our island deliveries and will attempt to expedite the oldest freight first if possible. The island barge departure and arrival times have not been confirmed as of yet. Our island trucking operations will do everything in their power to expedite the handling of your shipments and to minimize any delay as much as possible.
We will continue to monitor any developments and update you as needed.
Should you have additional questions, please contact your local office, or our Corporate Customer Service center at 800-488-4888, Ext. 2020, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your business - we appreciate it!