The cost of shipping to HawaiiThe cost to ship to Hawaii will vary depending on your needs. For ocean transport various factors will change your shipping cost:
- Less than Container Load (LCL) rates
- Full Container Load (FCL) rates
- The point of origin
- Which Hawaiian island
- The destination on that island
- Whether you want to use a reliable carrier with newer vessels vs. one with older vessels
- Will you be using a motorized carriage vs. a slower barge service
Air freight pricing differences will vary too including the freight origination, the destination island, the destination on the island, the expected time frame of the service, and more. All of these shipping variations will make a difference in how much it costs to ship to Hawaii.
For your convenience, we offer online rate quotes via our DHX - Dependable Hawaiian Express Quick Quote online rate quoter. You can also email us or call 800.488.4888 and ask for the Rate Department. Our friendly folks can help you determine the cost of shipping to Hawaii.
Why DHX - Dependable Hawaiian Express?
When you ship your cargo to Hawaii with an ocean freight forwarder, you need peace of mind knowing your products will arrive at their final destination in a safe and timely manner. We understand that shipping locally - or even nationally - can be stressful, costly, and time-consuming. At DHX - Dependable Hawaiian Express and DGX (our sister global shipping company), we specialize in Less than Container Load (LCL) or Full Container Load (FCL) shipping throughout North America, and the world to and from Hawaii. We are the largest asset-based LCL company specializing in Hawaii and our division includes assets of more than 100 tractors and trailers and ownership of three Hawaii-based trucking terminals. However, we do not stop there.
Our other lines of business allow us to be more flexible with pricing and service offerings that can have a positive impact on your complex supply chain. Our enterprise solutions include both mainland and island harbor drayage, mainland and island warehousing, and much more. Our Account Executives will customize solutions to help your supply chain operate more efficiently so that you get what you pay for, and FAST!
Five Key Advantages of DHX - Dependable Hawaiian Express
To find out more about the Dependable Difference, visit us here.
- Regional Leaders
Separating us from most national carriers, we specialize in expedited LCL freight movement to and from Hawaii, both ocean and air freight. As a private company, we have the flexibility and capabilities of providing customized solutions for your requirements while providing fast, cost-effective shipping throughout our regional footprint. The benefits of choosing us include low shipping cost to Hawaii, low claims ratios, exceptional timely service performance, and possessing a large fleet lessening the chances of delay.
- On-Time Delivery
Matson Navigation Company is used exclusively when shipping to Hawaii to ensure the least amount of delays and fastest ocean carriage. The old Horizon Lines vessels are unreliable. Once containers arrive at the appropriate destination port, we pride ourselves on 98% or better on-time delivery. Our commitment to timeliness gives our customers the ability to ship even the smallest amount of freight instead of having to wait until they have enough to order a full shipment, fast and on time.
When considering the cost to ship to Hawaii, it’s important you’re getting the value you’re paying for. We pride ourselves on hiring skilled and professional drivers, owning modern equipment to ensure safe and efficient transportation of your freight, and implementing the latest technology to help monitor and manage scheduled pickups and deliveries. We pick up and deliver in a timely manner anywhere in the continental United States to and from our facilities and container freight stations.
- Dedicated Account ExecutivesWe pride ourselves on providing personalized service. We try to know our customers well, and strive to establish a strong business relationship to help our customers achieve their goals. Our knowledgeable Account Executives are always accessible and will customize services and pricing to help customers focus on results while providing superior end-to-end customer service.
We have been in business since 1980, and our can-do attitude and commitment to excellence is an everlasting part of our culture and values that is inherent in every customer interaction. Our team will go the extra mile, listen to your initiatives, and expand our services to meet the requirements needed. We understand shipping costs to Hawaii do add up, so it is important to us that your experience is worry-free as well as cost-effective. If you’re asking questions like, “How much is it to ship to Hawaii?,” please give us a call at 800.488.4888. This way you’ll understand not only the cost of shipping but the value of our Dependable Difference.
- Asset-BasedFor an LCL company to have a successful relationship with their customers, they must be an extension of their customers and evolve with their needs. We have purposely purchased trucking facilities in the communities we service to ensure we are part of those cultures and understand our customers. Our investment in our facilities and equipment demonstrates our commitment to properly handling our customers’ freight so they can operate a more efficient supply chain to help ensure they meet their goals.
- One-Stop ShopSave time and money. Day to day operations can get hectic, and identifying business partners and vendors in various areas of transportation and logistics is time-consuming and expensive. As a private enterprise, we have the capabilities of servicing all of your transportation needs with our proven lines of businesses. We can customize solutions, and provide multiple modes of transportation including truckload (FTL), less-than-truckload (LTL), intermodal, International, as well as servicing your harbor drayage and warehousing needs. This type of flexibility gives our customers an “all-in-one” service offering to get their freight where it needs to go in the most timely and cost-efficient manner.