The purpose of this position is coordinate and manage the dispatching of truck drivers to ensure products and goods are picked up and delivered in a timely manner. Receive calls for truck services and schedule driver routes to arrange pickups and deliveries.
Responsibilities for Dispatcher:
- Coordinate and dispatch pick up and deliveries prioritizing based on delivery times.
- Enters pick up / delivery orders and scheduling pick up with agents.
- Verify delivered shipments, reviewing POD and escalating discrepancies.
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers.
- Cultivate strong relationships with agents and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
- Respond to queries related to pickups and deliveries, via phone and email.
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions.
- Answers the Dispatch Department phones.
- Determines routes for drivers
- Coordinates FCL orders from the port to the terminal or to the customer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook).
- 10-key by touch.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of import and export documents.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior experience in the transportation industry + at least 2 years of dispatch experience.
- Ability to follow procedures and regulations.
- Incredible multitasking abilities.
- Ability to rapidly input information into a data entry system.
- Customer service skills.
The Time is Now
DHX is proud of our values and encourages those who share in our aspirations to join our team. The strength of our organization is our employees, our Ohana, and we want our employees to grow and be a part of our journey. We value and support professional and personal growth, and look within to promote employees to elevate their skills and earning potential. We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations. We are customer-obsessed and passionate about working together to achieve and exceed our goals. Above all, we value our employees and embrace them as our Ohana!
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Trucking/Freight Forwarding: 2 years (Required)
- Dispatching: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: 432 Pacific St., Honolulu, HI 96817