Responds to customer service and rate quote inquiries in a proactive manner in order to provide the highest level of service, ensuring total customer satisfaction, as well as manning the receiving window and entering bills into the system.
JOB DUTIES AND GOALS:
1) Determines all internal/external customer requests (i.e. billing problems, billing disputes, tracing problems, POD request or other administrative functions) are promptly and properly answered/resolved within 48 hours of receipt.
2) Inputs bookings when called in from the customer.
3) Interacts with various departments and locations to ensure that special instructions with respect to a particular account are known and followed.
4) Investigates problems noted with customers, responds and takes corrective action to avoid similar problems in the future.
5) Investigates cubing discrepancies and determines who is correct. Forwards the results of any "judgmental" situations with respect to its dock errors or changes for billing purposes to the Corporate Customer Service for review and ultimate resolution.
6) Follows up on pay in advance shipments.
7) Interacts with other offices with respect to customer requests, bill problems and OS&D.
8) Coordinates pickups with appropriate carrier.
9) Supports Receptionist by filling in on breaks.